Activities abound in and around Garden Valley!
- SLEIGH RIDES
- SLEIGH RIDE WITH DINNER
- X COUNTRY SKIING
- SNOW SHOEING
- DOWNHILL SKIING TRIPS
- BRUNDAGE-McCall-2 HOURS
- TAMARACK-Donnally-1 HOUR
- BOGUS BASIN Boise-1.5 hours
- And of course snowmobiling if you have sleds of your own, we have the parking space for your trailers!
- MOUNTAIN BIKING-new Mt Bike trails
- WHITEWATER RAFT TRIPS (guided and unguided)
- STAR GAZING
- BIRD WATCHING
- SHOPPING AT THE LOCAL SHOPS
- STARLIGHT MT. THEATRE UNDER THE STARS
- NATURE WATCHING
- FITNESS CENTER
- TRAIL RIDES
- WAGON RIDES WITH OR WITHOUT DINNER
- SYRINGA MUSEUM
- GOLF-18 HOLE COURSE AT TERRACE LAKES RESORT
- GEO-THERMAL SWIMMING AT TERRACE LAKES RESORT OR SILVER CREEK PLUNGE
- TENNIS AT TERRACE LAKES RESORT
- ZIP LINE ADVENTURE OUT OF HORSESHOE BEND (24 MILES AWAY)
- GATEWAY TO THE SAWTOOTH WILDERNESS, LESS THAN 2 HOURS AWAY
- SWIMMING OR JUST SUNBATHING AT THE BEACH AT WEILMUNSTER PARK (JUST ACROSS THE STREET FROM #1 & #2)
- BERRY PICKING OR MORELS IF ANYONE WILL GIVE UP THEIR SPOTS!
- CAMPFIRES AT #1, #2, BUBBAS, and the MANSION. FIREWOOD IS PROVIDED, YOU’LL NEED TO PROVIDE SOMETHING TO CHOP KINDLING WITH.
- CAMPFIRES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT #3, FIRE DANGER IS TOO HIGH
- STORY TELLING, YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN!
- GAMES AT EACH LOCATION, TRY OUT “REDNECK LIFE” IT’S A HOOT!
FOR MORE INFO ON ACTIVITIES, CHECK OUT THE GARDEN VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WEBSITE AT http://gvchamber.org/
OF COURSE THERE ARE RESTAURANTS, BARS, A WINE BAR (AT TERRACE LAKES RESORT), GROCERY STORE, UNIQUE SHOPS, ALL YEAR ROUND. WE HAVE MANY SEASONS THAT SATISFY THE NEEDS OF HUNTERS/WOODSMEN WITH OUR WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF OUTFITTERS (Which we also have & can hook you up with!)
MEMORIAL DAY? FOURTH OF JULY?
Every weekend & holidays are exciting in Garden Valley, Idaho!
4th of July: Welcome to the best small-town 4th of July celebration. Our community is packed full of family fun the entire day. The 4th kicks off with the annual flag raising ceremony at Weilmunster Park at 8am. The Garden Valley EMS/Ambulance service hosts a golf tournament, silent auction and BBQ all at Terrace Lakes Resort beginning at 9am. At 4pm the Duck Race is a can’t miss and you can participate by purchasing a duck (availble at Garden Valley Properties, Garden Valley Homes and Land, and also at the Garden Valley Market). Don’t miss the parade at 6pm. There are 2 parts to the parade, Dry and Wet. There is a 5 minute break between the two, so if you don’t want to get drenched scramble away before the wet parade (swim cap and goggles recommended. Finish off your day 30 minutes after dusk with the biggest small town fireworks show in the Northwest. Bring your lawn chair or blanket to the park and enjoy the show!